Personal Training Services for Children and Families in East London, Including Whitechapel, Canning Town and Brixton
Statistics from the most recent large – scale survey suggests that 25% of girls and 33% of boys aged between 2 years and 19 years of age are overweight or obese. This costs the UK government over £2 billion every year.
Experts believe that this shortens children’s lives by nine years due to the health related illnesses.
Why do children become overweight or obese?
- Genetic factors
- Lack of physical activity
- Poor eating habits.
It can also be a combination of these factors.
Hormonal medical conditions can also be a cause in rare occasions.
A child born into a family with overweight parents or siblings is more likely to be overweight themselves, usually due to the shared eating patterns and habits. Not all children in such a family will necessarily be overweight.
Lack of physical activity
Nowadays, children spend approximately 4 hours a day watching television or on their computers and video games. Their activity levels and overall diet plays a pivotal role determining their bodyweight and physical health
Sugar seems to be the biggest culprit in relation to bad eating patterns. The average five-year-old consumes the equivalent of their body weight in sugar in the course of a year, health officials have warned. Parents are being urged to take control of their children’s habits, as the Government prepares to publish its strategy on child obesity, amid calls to introduce a tax on sugary drinks and foods.
- Each family including children signs up for a 12 week plan.
- 1 x 1hr session per week with BFT plus recommendations to 2 other sports/fitness sessions in other local centres.
- Each session will begin with 15mins healthy eating class followed by 45mins of physical activity including; fun games, sport and general exercise.
- Parents log their meals in a food diary each week to keep track of eating patterns.
- Optional weigh in and measurements every 4 week.
- BFT points earned for each session attended to encourage regular attendance.
- All sessions are group based.
- After the course, clients receive a certificate of achievement. They then sign up to a HLC consulting group package.